prev

 

Garfield Municipal Building
prev
Municipal Build 1898

The current City Hall on Outwater Lane replaced the old Municipal Building located on Somerset Street.  The Municipal Building was erected in 1898.  The building was originally built as a fire house and severed adequately for many years.  It would eventually become too small to handle the work of a growing city.  The current City Hall opened on August 24, 1941. (From the collection of the Garfield Historical Society)